Previously: our project CircusNext PLaTFoRM was selected by the European Commission and was launched in November 2018.
18 partners from 12 European countries, a renewed ambition to identify the most singular emerging creators, the will to programme them in Europe and beyond.
The jury gathered from February 27th to March 1st and shortlisted the projects of 12 emerging authors in contemporary circus who will be supported by the CircusNext PLaTFoRM members:
- La Brèche, Pôle national cirque de Normandie – France
- La Cascade, Pôle national cirque – France
- Centro Cultural Vila Flor – Portugal
- Circuscentrum – Belgium
- Circus Futures – United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland
- Cirko – Center for New Circus – Finland
- Cirkorama – Croatia
- Cirkusfera – Serbia
- Cirqueon – Contemporary Circus in the Czech Republic – Czech Republic
- L’Espace Catastrophe, Centre International de Création des Arts du Cirque – Belgium
- Festival Circolo – Netherlands
- Festival Perspectives – Festival franco-allemand des arts de la scène – Germany
- La Grainerie – Fabrique des arts du cirque et de l’itinérance – France
- STAMP Festival Hamburg – The Street Arts Melting Pot - Altonale – Germany
- Room 100 / Positive Force – Croatia
- Sarabanda Associazione Culturale – Italy
- Subtopia – Sweden
And by the coordinator of CircusNext PLaTFoRM:
- Jeunes Talents Cirque Europe – France
Next step: These 12 artists/companies will present and defend their work on stage from May 28th to June 1st 2018 during the selection week organized in Dommelhof (Neerpelt, Belgium) in partnership with Circuscentrum. Chosen by the artistic jury, the names of the CircusNext 2018-2019 Laureates will be announced on June 2, 2018!